FSSAI stands for Food Safety and Standards Authority of India which is an organization that monitors and governs the food business in India. It ensures the food products undergo quality checks thereby curtailing the food adulteration and sale of sub-standard products.
It is responsible for the registering and licensing of the food business operators (FBO) in India and it lays down the rules and regulation for running the food business in India.
FSSAI Registration Requirements
FSSAI Registration is a basic license and it is required for all the FBO involved in the small-scale food business. This category covers the following business
- Any FBO with an annual turnover of not more than Rs. 12 Lakhs
- Petty retailer dealing in food products
- Any person who manufactures or sells any food article by himself
- Food sale is done by the temporary stall holder
- Any individual who distributes food in any religious or social gathering except a caterer
- Small-scale or cottage industries dealing in the food business.
Categories of license
|Upto 12 lakhs||Basic license|
|Above 20 Lakhs||Central License|
|Above 20 Lakhs||State License|